Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Big Shuffle by Laura Pedersen

While this is not the best-written novel I have read, I enjoyed it quite a bit --nice light reading for a saturday afternoon. When I picked it up, I did not realize that it was third in a series about Hallie Palmer--a card shark former wild child. The characters are endearing and quirky--enough so to make me wish that I had read the previous two novels and knew them better but not so much so that I actually intend to do so. I found this book on an adult reading list and feel it was somewhat mislabled. I know several high school and college students who will love it but as an adult, I found some of the topics a bit dull. Hallie is a character worth getting to know, if you know a teenager or younger adult who likes good writing and characters. -Rhiannon

No comments:

Post a Comment